Failed when validating user through authentication service
I then tried connecting to my LDAP server with a small command-line tool (shelldap) and the DN=users was nowhere to be found (but OU=Usuarios was there), so I decided to remove that line completely. The only plausible explanation I found is that in D6 it uses the last line of a multiple-line basedn while in D7 it uses all of them or just the first one (for the connection, that is).
In your case you don't have two lines, but maybe updating your basedn a little would fix it?
One computer will create a unique identity in the domain and create some random password for the further communications within the domain.
I had it working in a Drupal 6 install and it failed with the exact same config in Drupal 7.
The old basedn config was: which, again, worked in D6.
- if you are using option #4 for the binding method, try 7.x-1.x-dev as a patch was recently committed for this.
Maybe it doesn't help at all, but in my case the credentials were correct but the basedn was incorrect.
public-ldap LDAP Default Naming Context: LDAP://DC=GARDA1, DC=TLC object Class = 'top' cn = 'public-ldap' given Name = 'public-ldap' distinguished Name = 'CN=public-ldap, OU=service accounts, OU=Garda1User TS, DC=GARDA1, DC=TLC' display Name = 'public-ldap' member Of = 'CN=Domain Admins, CN=Users, DC=GARDA1, DC=TLC' name = 'public-ldap' s AMAccount Name = 'public-ldap' user Principal Name = '[email protected]